Leaping Hare sculpture balances on his front feet he is mounted on a wooden slice and in this pose measures 40cm high by 45cm wide (on account of his very large feet). He is entirely felted in blended sheep’s wool over a wire armature, so his pose can be gently altered.
The Hare is a mysterious feature in ancient mythology and a sacred symbol of the creative power of the universe.
Long connected with moon gazing, as nocturnal creatures it was not unusual at one time to see a meadow of grazing hares, their long ears and noses silhouetted in the pearly moonlight.
Especially at the time of the Spring Equinox, it is surrounded by ancient beliefs involving balance, life, regeneration, infinity and eternity.
My needle felted sculptures are hand crafted using a single barbed needle. Each item is therefore unique and has individual characteristics which may differ slightly from those photographed.
Designed with love and a little humour to make you smile.
- Due to the nature of the medium, each creation has its own unique personality and may have slight variations in appearance.
- Colour differences may occur due to your own monitor settings.
- My sculptures are designed as collectibles not toys.
- Orders are usually dispatched within 1-2 working days.
- All packaging is biodegradable and or recyclable.
- Deliveries are covered against loss or damage by Royal Mail.
- Products may be removed from this shop if sold externally.
- Delivered FOC within the UK.
• The natural antibacterial and antimicrobial properties of wool make it stain and dirt resistant.
• Look after your sculpture with a little light dusting from time to time and careful handling.
• Stray fibres can be calmed with a little hairspray.
• Small children or pets will enjoy un-felting your sculpture so please display with care.
If you have enjoyed your visit, please add my Etsy shop to your favourites, drop by to follow, like and subscribe @